When a Zoning Permit is required?
A zoning permit , or other permit, ceitiñeate or authorization as provided in Chapter 161 and as may be appropriate, shall be required as a condition precedent to the erection, construction, alteration, repair, remodeling, conversion, removal or destruction or re-subdivision of any land.
This includes installation of a fence, swimming pool, accessory structure (shed, garage), change of use, construction of a new residence or commercial building, etc.
The cost of a zoning permit application is as follows:
- New structure – commercial 150.00
- New structure – residential S 100.00
- Accessory structure S 35.00
- Alterations/repairs S 25.00
- Application/non conforming use 100.00
- Resubmitted of denied application S 15.00
- Certiñcate of approval 10.00
- Change of commercial use/tenant 35.00
What other permits may be required by the Zoning Officer?
A temporary sign permit certificate is required for display of sandwich board sign and banner signs pursuant to Section 218-3 and 218-4 of the Borough Code. The permit fees are as follows:
- Sandwich board sign (one calendar year) S 75.00
- Banner sign (35 days) S 50.00
If you intend to locate a charitable clothing bin on your property, you will be required to obtain a Registration of Charitable Clothing Bins eeltiñeate pursuant to Section 104 of the Borough Code. The permit fees are as follows:
- Permit fee, first bin S 25.00
- Additional bins each (maximum 2) 10.00
If you have any questions regarding when a permit is necessary or have any questions about completing the application, please contact Debra Card, Zoning Officer at 973-827-9280 ext 113.