Franklin Borough Municipal Court
Court Code: 1906
46 Main Street
Franklin, NJ 07416
Phone: 973-827-9280 ext 107 or 108
NOTICE – During the COVID-19 pandemic, municipal courts have cancelled their in person court sessions. With the use of technology, most cases may be able to be heard and adjudicated remotely. It is advised that you contact the court to set up a video court proceeding and provide your contact information.
Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, Franklin Borough Court will hold ZOOM court sessions on the following dates and times as listed below:
- Monday February 1, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday February 10, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday February 22, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday February 24, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday March 1, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday March 10, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday March 22, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday March 29, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday April 5, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday April 14, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday April 26, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday April 28, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday May 3, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday May 12, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday May 24, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday June 7, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday June 9, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday June 28, 2021 at 6:30PP
- Monday July 26, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday August 2, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday August 11, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday August 23, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday August 30, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday September 8, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday September 15, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday September 27, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday October 4, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday October 13, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday October 25, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday November 1, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday November 10, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday November 22, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday November 29, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Monday December 6, 2021 at 6:30PM
- Wednesday December 8, 2021 at 6:30PM
If you have any questions, please call 973-827-9280 ext. 107 or ext. 108.
Court Administrator: Lorraine Spirito
Deputy Court Administrator: Lauren Mitchener
Judge: Glenn T. Gavan, JMC
Prosecutor: Anthony DenUyl, Esq.
Public Defender: James Opfer, Esq.
ADA Coordinator: Lorraine Spirito
Hours of Operation:
M-F 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
If you need the service of an interpreter, please notify the court prior to your appearance.
Please advise the municipal court office if you require ADA accommodation.
NJ Courts Mission Statement
We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States of this State.
Statement of Core Values
Required to accomplish our mission are four paramount values representing the core of what we stand for as an organization:
- Quality Service
Each court accepts payments through the www.NJMCDIRECT.com website. Payment may also be made in person using cash, check, money order or credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover)
Mediation is the confidential, structured, non-adversarial process that allows a neutral third party to assist disputing parties in reaching a mutually acceptable solution. The mediation process can be less expensive, informal, and a more meaningful alternative than the traditional trial process. This is because of the efforts of trained volunteers and the resolution being decided by the participants. The court will refer appropriate cases to mediation.
If you are charged with a disorderly person’s offense, petty disorderly persons offense, or a municipal ordinance violation, and those charges are either dismissed, you are acquitted, or your case is discharged without a conviction or finding of guilt, you may be eligible for an expedited expungement pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:52-6. For more information and to determine if you are eligible, you may inquire with the municipal court at the time of disposition.
Forms and Helpful Links
Welcome to NJ Courts – English
Bienvenido a Los Tribunales de Nueva Jersey – Español
Your day in Court – English
Sus Derechos en el Juzgado – Español
How to file an Appeal – English
Como apelar una decision de un juzgado municipal – Español
NJ Judiciary Records Request Form
How to Expunge your Criminal or Juvenile Record